For those of you who want it all, the Big Island Experience tour is for you! It’s all of our helicopter tours of the Big Island rolled into one, plus an active volcano!
Here is to Your Next Adventure!
Direct Booking Calendar – Don’t miss out!
See Kilauea & More on Our Big Island Helicopter Tour
For those of you who want it all, the full island VIP adventure tour is for you! It’s all of our helicopter tours of the Big Island rolled into one, plus an active volcano!
Departing from Kona International Airport, we head straight to Kilauea by way of the saddle running between Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa, Hawaii’s tallest mountains.
Kilauea is one of the most active volcanoes on earth and has been continuously erupting since 1974. Here, we explore the East Rift Zone of Kilauea, including Kilauea Crater, Pu’u O’o Vent, and its lava flows that are currently entering the Pacific Ocean.
The tour then flies north up the windward side of the island passing Hilo town, the wettest town on earth, and the heavenly Hamakua Coast. Then we whisk you up north to explore the seven windward valleys of Kohala. The first stop is the windward side of the Kohala Mountains, where we fly the coastline of Waipio Valley and then move westward to Waimanu Valley. Waimanu can experience annual rainfall of up to 200 inches, fueling 1500-foot waterfalls, some of the tallest in all of Hawaii.
Following the valleys west, we fly over Honopue, Honokea, Honokane Iki, and the historic valley of Honokane Nui or Big Valley and Pololu. We climb and cross over the summit of Kohala, the oldest of the five volcanoes that make up the Big Island of Hawaii.
Your tour concludes with a beautiful coastline flight over sparkling ocean waters, ancient lava flows, and the spectacular luxury resorts that make their homes on the island’s leeward shores.
Helicopter Tour Highlights:
- Fly over the most active volcano in the world, Kilauea, which has been continuously flowing for over 30 years and inspires awe every day.
- While on the east side of the island, you are treated to views of Hawai’i Island’s largest city, Hilo.
- Your private journey continues along the Hamakua Coastline with wave-swept shorelines, tropical rainforest, and hundreds of waterfalls.
- Upon reaching the Kohala Coast, there are several majestic and sacred valleys to explore.
- Deep in the back of the valleys, where only helicopters can reach, are over 2000-foot waterfalls that you can hover right next to as you gaze at their power and beauty.
- As you cross over the Kohala Mountain, you cruise over the Gold Coast.
Please see Tour Policies page for more detail.
- Total weight per person cannot exceed 285lbs and total group total cannot exceed 700lbs (weights are taken at check-in)
- If total group weight limit is exceeded, you will be subject to a $200 refueling fee
- 24 hour customer cancellation policy (prior to the flight time)
- Cancellations or delays to the flight are at pilot’s discretion for safety reasons, which may include inclement weather.