Start your Hawaiian day like never before… from the top of the tallest volcano on earth. See the morning sky light up in brilliant shades of red, orange, purple and blue. Learn about the cultural and scientific significance of the mountain, as you stand among the world’s greatest collection of astronomy equipment.
- See the night sky on the slope of Maunakea before the day’s first light
- Take in the sunrise at the top of Maunakea, amidst the world’s largest collection of research telescopes
- Enjoy a hot breakfast at the private Humu’ula Historic Sheep Station at Maunakea’s base
- Around 7 to 8 hours.
- Easy to Moderate.
- Max 14
- Trips depart from Hawaii Forest and Trail Headquarters and pick up at select resort locations. 6-7 hours round trip.
- Continental Breakfast: Breakfast Burrito, assorted sliced fresh fruit, fresh baked banana bread , croissants, 100% Kona Coffee, Hot Cocoa & Assorted Teas
- We provide warm wear including, hooded parkas and gloves.
What to Bring & Wear
- Closed toe shoes, long pants and a sweatshirt or sweater.